Friday, March 28, 2008

Book Review: Sweet Caroline

Caroline Sweeney is a "Pollyanna". She is constantly doing good for family and friends. When Jones (a friend of the family) lives her his run down cafe; Caroline is at a loss. She doesn't know what to do! She has just been offered an awesome job in Barcelona, but feels a yearning to stay and once again, take care of unfinished business for someone that she cares about...
This is a great CHristian Southern Fiction book by Rachel Hauck.
This book had alot of great components. It made me laugh out loud. It also made me sad at times. I really enjoyed all of the characters and am glad to see that there will be a sequel.
You will really want to see what happens to Caroline and how she handles the circumstances that she is dealt. This had a lot of good lessons about coming to Christ as well. There was a great romance throughout the story.
I would have to say that my favorite part of the book was the ending...made me yearn for more. A good and a bad thing I suppose since the next is not due out until summer.
The book definitley kept me reading however, and I was very drawn into all of the characters. You begin to care for all of them deeply as Caroline does. She just had such a big heart. It definitely paid off in the end.
I would have to say however that I felt that there was some inappropriate material in the book however, I put into consideration that some of the circumstances were when Caroline was finding out what being a Christian was and that all of the circumstances ended in a positive light.
Check it out!

No comments: