Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Taming Rafe by Susan May Warren

Upon starting this book I was a little frusturated. I felt like their were too many characters introduced at once, and so many dramatic things happening, I just couldn’t keep up with it all, and then the author through in an additional book in the book; it just really through me off. I had not remembered a ton about the previous book, and maybe this made matters worse. However, when I was about one hundred pages into the book I started to get engrossed in the story; and had a better understanding of where the story was going.
From page one hundred on, however, I didnt stop until I had reached the end! So incidentally, now I am very tired this morning! I really loved the romance in the story, of lost loves that have been found again and of young love. It was just a really good book that really kept me in the story. There was a lot of suspense in the story.
This was the sequel to Reclaiming Nick and all of the characters from the previous book were included and you learned more about that. The book centered around Rafe, (obviously) who is a bullrider. In the very beginning of the story, he is involved in a bull fight which kills his best friend. He is healing from this lose and personal injuries when he is driving and goes through the front of a hotel where Katherine is holding a fundraiser for Mercy Doctors which helps children with cancer. Because of all of the chaos she makes no money, which is desperately needed in order to continue operation. So she goes on a journey to seek out Rafe, and his money! The story has a good many story lines involved other than this and actually has a novel being woven into the story written by one of the characters as well. As earlier stated, there is a lot going on in this novel! However, once you realize where everything is going, I think that you will be hooked! I recommend it!
Near the end of the book, it talks about the people who try to stay on the bulls and the people who have to take the bull back out of the arena afterwards and Kat sees how these people do not get the attention as the ones on the bucking bull. However their role is just as important. Maybe because I am a stay at home mom who’s role isn’t always the first noticed, I don’t know…but this part of the story truly touched me. I would highly recommend this story. But start it earlier in the evening than me!
I also am looking forward to finding out more about Stefanie, it will be nice to have a girl as our main character. :o)

No comments: